According to a representative, the Stanford Admissions office just today announced several changes to its online application. More thoughtful and profound, the application will now consist of the following essay questions:
- What matters to other people and why do you give a shit?
- From Mother Theresa to Nelson Mandela, some figures from history inspire us to do greater things. What’s your idea for a location- based, big data, disruptive image-sharing, social media application?
- What makes you happy? Actually, fuck that, what do you think we want to hear?
- Among the cancers you have cured, which was most memorable and why?
- Have you ever seen those cans of aerosol cheese? What’s with them? Who buys that shit?
In order to get a better feel for an increasingly diverse collection of applicants, Stanford has also announced the following “yes/no” questions:
- Is your last name Arrillaga?
- Are there any aspects of your life that are not both amazing and super chill?
- Do you know how to coach underachieving, overfunded football teams?
Please enter below the confirmation number texted to you.